Skip to content
- significant contribution in archaeology field work and study of ancient history.
- major excavation at langhnaj, ahar, inamgoan, nevasa, etc.
- work in twin branches of prehistory and protohistory.
- Laid foundation for scientific study of prehistory
- Established presence of middle upper palaeolihic and mesolithic stages in Indian prehistory
- he put Kashmir valley on Paleolithic map
- Discovered chalcolithic phase at inamgoan.
- He had keen interest in just emerging new archaeology.
- awarded padma bushan by GOI
- His autobiography – born for archaeology ,published in 1978
error: Content is protected !!