In 1921 Swiss miner Tom Zwiglaar found human remains in broken hill mine rhodeisia in south Africa.
- It consisted of a skull with lower jaw , parts of femora, a tibia, a sacrum, portion of 2 pelvis and some fragments of other individuals. It belongs to upper Pleistocene period.
- skull is very long and narrow,
- height is about 131cm
- Cranical capacity around 1250 to 1400cc
- Forehead receding and supra orbital ridge are prominent
- Nasal aperture is very large
- Orbit are high and great size
- Teeth are of modern proportion. Canine is normal
- He exihibits feature of neanderthal and modern sapiens and therefore considered intermediate
From olduvian to la Mousterian tool culture ( predominance of flake tools)