Paper- I Anthropology
Ruth Benedict- Cultural pattern, Zuni- Apollonian, Kwakiutl – Dionysian
Auguste Comte – founding fathers of sociology,
- “social physiology”,
- “social physics”,
- “Positive Philosophy”- positivism
- all forms of society should be studied objectively, for value judge ments simply had no place in science.
- social evolution- society as a biological organism.
- Society was a “kind of collective organisms, where “families form the cells, social forces the tissues, while the state comprises various organs”.
Paper- II Anthropology
Sir William Jones – Asiatic Society of Bengal, to study “nature and Man”.
Majumdar – divided the anthropological researches in India into three phases viz.—
- The Formulatory (1974-1911),
- Constructive (1912-1937) and
- Critical (1938-on wards).
Sir S.C. Roy-
- The father of Indian anthropology.
- Munda and Their Country (1912)